The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2043 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/25/11
I've been in that "church hunting" mode before and it is not fun. You did well telling the tale and I saw the subtle humor and exasperation in the almond mom.
08/26/11
This is a well written story - thoroughly enjoyable. It's so important when we have to move church: to trust God!
I was one of those kids! lol, loved the reoccurring themes of Trust God and the almonds. Great characterizations, masterfully done.
08/27/11
You did a nice job recounting many people's search for a church home. :)
Really well done adventure of finding the right church!
08/29/11
From a pastoral standpoint, it's good to see what visitors are thinking. I love the humour that's hiding in the wisdom here; and the picture of the pastor's wife dispensing the absorption reminded me of that old hymn "Towel me the old old story." Well-written.
08/30/11
I was going through a similar experience last year! I said the same thing to my husband when the Praise and Worship team came out "Peace and when our Pastor spoke I knew we were home." Amen.

Great story depicting the fervent search for God's word, and His house of worship. God Bless~
09/01/11
A well written, entertaining read of the frustration of seeking a church home. I think this stirred feelings that many of us have felt when making that search ourselves. Great visuals, Great job!
Congratulations on first place! This was very well written, and an excellent reminder to trust in God.
09/01/11
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Nice story. I liked the ending the best. I think I like Wendy and her almonds. ;)
09/01/11
There's humor here, but mixed with a bit of pathos. Finding a church in a "far off town" is a commentary of our times. Thank you for highlighting a serious topic in a humorous way. Well written, easy reading. Congratulations!
09/01/11
Fantastic! Well-deserved win!
Super congrats, Kellie!
09/02/11
Congratulations and God Bless you~
09/08/11
Oooo girl - what a fantastic rendition of my life's story in church hunting! Thank you for articulating a sad, albeit common, phenomenon in The Corporate Church. Your writing is excellent. The imagery is perfect and the almonds...absolutely MAKES the story! I have friends like that...annoyingly accurate. Thank you Jesus I have friends like that! Well done and congratulations, Kellie!