The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1983 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/14/11
That is a never-ending battle in this age. I work in a high school and it gets very, very old. Cute story. I thought it was going in a different direction - maybe a bad memory from her past. I liked this direction much better:)

Pick your battles, Mama:)
I wish more moms WOULD fight this battle. I loved this story - the little details made the scene come to life and I could tell it was real. (If not for the author personally, for mothers and others across the country.)
07/19/11
I enjoyed this--a minor battle in our house too. Perfect voice and tone for the story.
07/20/11
At first I thought your MC had been invaded by an intruder, but she was just caught "underwears!" I love the inner struggle that she goes through - even while feeling her efforts at upbringing were being "waisted," but I loved the last line! Great work.
Wow! Sara, you presented the view of the mother of a teen-ager perfectly. Excellent characterization here.
07/21/11
CONGRATULATIONS, SARA!
Are you sure you're not older than you look? You certainly know the battle in a mom's mind.
07/21/11
Well done as only a "pro" could do. Your title was simple, yet "covered" it all.
Congratulations on your First Place win!!
Wow Sara! Super congrats on your win! Awesome take on the topic. Nice.
07/21/11
You made me smile! (actually I smiled quite a few times!) :) I love the way you wove this. Super congrats, Sawa!
07/28/11
This is FANTASTIC, Sara!

I can see this in a women's magazine. You should sent it out.

"mother-smother" Ooops! Ouch!

Creative and fun...and a little prickly, too. :)

Super congrats on a super piece!