The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1096 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Nicely written, good for the time period. How precious the friendship expressed, and the faith comes through loud and clear. I enjoyed this.
06/14/11
A very inspiring tale of God looking after a widow in need.
Found it poignant and realistic and so very well written! Thanks!
What a creative way to blend history into a story. I loved it all the way through.
06/14/11
This was a very creative entry for the topic and beautifully written. It flowed through a dilema and sadness to a 'feel good' ending. Loved it!
aw, loved this! I had a hunch Samuel wasn't imagining things.
Good way to show how God will always provide
06/15/11
good story and you kept the interest going. loved the picture you painted of Samuel. I was not sure what happened to Amanda's husband but clearly that was a subject that was not to be discussed :-)
few red ink spots :- would you say 'he spit'? I think spits or spat is more grammatically correct for third person and is Amanda a likely name for 1903 certainly in UK it would have been an unusual one at the turn of the century and it is a much more modern one.
06/15/11
I enjoyed Samuel's sweet personality, and the last line was a chuckler. Great work.
I loved this. I wish your title hadn't given the ending away. It reminded me of the time my son was positive he saw a black boot go up the fireplace on Christmas. He's 20 and still insists he saw it. I was captivated by every word. I liked how the MC was named Amanda and you used the sparrow to make your point. I left the story with a smile in my heart ( and a twinkle in my eye:) )
Congratulations for placing 13th in Masters and 15 overall!