The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 991 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I really enjoyed the rhymes of this poem. A humorous read indeed. My sister, laughed with each with each stanza (or, rather, every sentence). Good job with this week’s entry!
How painful I think an editor's job must be sometimes. To tell someone (kindly) that their writing isn't cutting it, their plot-line is boring, and their characters are unbelievable. I empathize.
06/10/10
Spot on topic and an oh-so-true portrayal of the Editor's job at its worst. Very enjoyable!
Ah the poor editor! A very well done poem.

My only objection was the beer part....uh, well, guess we won't go there
06/10/10
LOL, I hope some of the marks weren't made by spashing the beer around.

Enjoyed the rhyme.
06/13/10
Loved this! Awesome creativity.
Oh this was so much fun. I could picture you in your backyard with your red pen and freshly painted toes...It brought a beautiful smile to my face. It really is quite perfect!
I enjoyed your poem--and felt your pain. Good portrayal of editing woes and necessity!
With apologies to Robert Frost, ("miles to go before I sleep.") I enjoyed the rhythm and the rhyme scheme.
Keep writing.
06/14/10

Enjoyed your "and much to read before I sleep", hearkening back to Frost. Fun.