The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1194 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/06/10
I never knew about this, so interesting. Wonderful dramatization of true life, and I loved the way you brought the story forward, first to the child, then to the explanation part.
05/07/10
You taught me something new today, my friend. (I didn't think that was allowed - especially about a Jew LOL) Very compelling storytelling - great descriptions especially.
05/08/10

Great story, as well as an education. thank you.
A delightful way to learn the story behind the story.
05/11/10
Fascinating!
05/11/10
Thank you so much for shining the light on this bit of history! A very creative take on the topic. Well done! I am so glad I read this.
Oh, WOW! A marvelously written story, and some important history to learn. Doesn't get much better than that. Thank you.
05/11/10
VERY interesting! Well done... entertaining... and enlightening. And gives NEW meaning to the YELLOW hat: Besides yellow stars, Jews were also required to wear yellow hats at different times in history.
05/11/10
Your title in contrast to the "race" to flee the country is great. I had to smile at the “'Your carriage awaits, my dear.'Hans held out the bicycle and Margret straddled it," What a story, or perhaps I should say, "the story behind the stories." …and it's amazing. Loved this!
It's nice to learn the background of a story in such an interesting way. Thanks for opening my eyes to a bit of history!
05/11/10
This is my kind of story... I wish I had written it. You did a good job advancing through time. Well done.
05/12/10
Wow! I didn't know that! I'll read them with greater respect and appreciation from now on.
05/12/10
Thanks for this. I did know this about the authors. Well done.
05/12/10
Not only a great history lesson, but an awesome love story. Thank God not all were lost. Thank you for enlightening us.
Wow- this was really good, Laury. I liked the history lesson but as always, I'm partial to fiction story telling. Very well done.
07/25/11
Hi. :)

You know, it may seem a little thing, but that opening is perfection. I can SEE it.And Margret's response "Of course" just thrills me. And "the carriage awaits you" is a beautiful show of Hans' character.
I love how you ended it as well, with a student who was impacted. So neat.

I am so glad you told this story, Laury.