The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1199 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Poor Julie! Good job describing her hectic morning, and making us want to befriend IdaMae, too. Great characterization! I don't get the ending, though - how "taking a hint from her [busy] family" would help her "be still before the Lord". I enjoyed your writing, but I feel like I'm missing something here. Maybe I need to read deeper? :)
Love
Cat
02/27/10
Great characterization. I loved the frantic realization that even her schedule was booked solid. I was so looking forward to her day alone until that point.

Great reminder at the end that we need to practice listening to God.
02/28/10
I loved IdaMae and that was very cute how you ended with the practice line.
You have a great message packaged carefully inside your story--after you've laid the groundwork so well for the lesson's need. Well done.
A very interesting story. I felt like I was right in the park learning the lesson along with Julie. Great writing.
03/03/10
This is such a clever storytelling way to express your (much needed) message as well as address the challenge topic. I think it is brilliant.

Thank you, too, for leaving a comment on my little "Diligence" story. It was a delight to find you had stopped by. Hugs, friend!
03/03/10
Very well crafted. Even though you painted a picture of extreme busyness, you also painted one of extreme love and brightness in the midst. A great message also.
03/03/10
Your characters are wonderful. This theme has been done several ways this week, but I love your descriptive detail and pacing. Lovely.
11/10/10
What a picture you paint of many families today...run ragged. You have certainly made a valid point. Well done.