The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1566 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/26/07
Open mouth, insert slipper, er, foot. This is a lovely, humorous story! Could there be a worse possible way to meet someone? I think the dogs will get along just fine, and I hope the people will, too. (They're made for each other.) :)
I always love a good animal story, and this was no exception. Love the tone, love the dogs. A great read. Thanks for sharing.
07/28/07
Good narrative. I am not so sure that the opening couple of sentences about the glaring mushroom really was the best way to begin the story, but I liked the contrast between Popeye and Peaches.
07/29/07
Cute and clever - that vet needs some bedside manner lessons, but this was fun.
07/29/07
Love it! I should have seen Dr. Rick's dog coming, but I didn't, and it was delightful.
I was in the mood for a nice love story that didn't make me want to throw up--this was perfect. Love the mushroom! I think the dogs will get along great, :).
07/31/07
Very cute story! Nicely written...the only thing I would say is that in the end, you slip out of POV, which kind of distracte me a bit. But otherwise, completely engaging and entertaining. :-)
This is so much fun and very cute! I enjoyed it!!