The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2124 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/19/07
I enjoyed your story. Well thought out. Thank you.
05/20/07
Depth and humor--nice. :)
This is wonderful. I love the subtle humor, and the message as well. Great voice, too. I kept hearing "The Coneheads" as I was reading the conversation between the two aliens. Very well done.
05/21/07
I really, REALLY liked this, Cassie. Truly enjoyed your tongue-in-cheek descriptions of common places, and your dialogue and characterization. I kinda guessed where this was going, but loved it anyway.
05/21/07
Very clever! I enjoy the first three-quarters immensely, loved the comedy (and the satire) of looking for fulfillment in various places.

I thought it fizzled a bit toward the end...your solution, of course, needs to stay the same, but it became more "telling" than "showing."

Your alien's voices were perfect--just different enough to make them alien, but not so much as to make them a chore to read. Nice touch.
Really good. Well written.
A cute and fun read. I liked the alien dialouge and especially the line with the doctor about the 'fruitcakes' nice bit of humor in there. Thanks for sharing! ^_^
05/22/07
Clever and fun read! Enjoyed it alot!
05/22/07
Enjoyable read. It was much like a modern parable. I love all the sci fi names of the various planets and people - very creative.
Very creative & with an inspiring message to give your life to Christ---well done!
Very creative and clever. Great job, I enjoyed the read.
Congratulations! Very deserving piece. Profound.
05/24/07
CONGRATULATIONS, CASSIE!
05/25/07
What a fun piece - congratulations on your win.
Oh and great message, too, of course!