The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1283 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Lovely. Truly lovely.
09/02/11
Beautifully done, and nice message. God Bless~
09/03/11
This could be my anthem - I love it! Just this week, while watching my son play football, I had another mother lean forward and tell me that she could never allow HER son to play because she'd be too afraid he'd get hurt. She was horrified then to learn that my son was out on the field - she thought I was there to watch the dance team! But I just laughed and told her it never really crossed my mind to worry about my son playing ball. Anyway - your poem reminded me of that.

I enjoyed this very much!
09/03/11
This is great! Humorous, but poignant. A great reminder of the faith we should have in a God who has seen us through so much already.
09/06/11
Cute and fun poem with a great message – enjoyed!
09/07/11
Your poem flowed beautifully and with a great message: faith and trust. While never knowing what the future brings, we need to learn to trust with the faith of a child. "Fear not for I am with you" and He will be. I'm sure of that.
Absolutely beautiful! Congratulations on your win of this uplifting, encouraging piece. It is laced with a touch of humor-placed somewhere between the caboose and the engine, the cockpit and the wings, the "slippery slopes" and "the sea and street..."
I loved it all but one of my favorites is the last part-"Until I take that final trip
I will not jump…abandon ship
I’ll sail through storms with faith unchecked, And find those GREAT things I Expect."
Wonderfully written. God bless your writing and His message!
09/08/11
Congrats on your "highly recommended place!" God Bless you~
So many good lines in this poem. I especially liked: but then the sun comes out again. It seemed to set the tone of hope throughout the poetic message. The words to the song, "Something good gonna happen to me today" kept ringing through my mind. Thank-you for the pleasant thoughts. Congratulations on your EC.