The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1351 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/10/06
I loved, loved, loved this. Such a witty voice, and he actually believes every word he says. Lots of subtle lessons here, for people who are willing to recognize themselves. Plus, this is just downright good writing.
03/10/06
I read this the other day and thought wow...I see myself here so often...but then I didn't comment cause I wasn't sure of the ending...it seems like I wanted it to end where he got it that he wasn't quite on the right track...but as I think about it...this way is probably better! Good writing:)
Oh, you sure know how to hold up a mirror to all of us self assured Christians! This is a gem! Love the humor and the author's rye 'behind the scenes' wink throughout. Great job!! Loved it!!!
I too smiled and laughed all the way through this one. I saw myself in it too many times. What one really realizes is that over time each of those "he got that wrong" bits will be confronted when he is ready for them. For now, at least he is in the fight and giving it the best shot he can - God. I also loved how he set his alarm for more prayer time the next morning. The 'hero' might not have gotten it all correct, but at least he goes to the right source!

Thank you.
03/10/06
This is by far, my favorite I've read this week! We are so silly, aren't we? God must really get a kick out of our antics. Thank you for writing fellow soldier. Keep up the fight!
03/10/06
I loved this story! It was light and enjoyable but still very well written. And I suppose I can kinda relate to the protagonist, as well...heh.
03/10/06
Ha! Too funny. Oh wait...not so funny when I see myself in there! Yikes! Got up close and personal with the mirror while I was reading. But that's ok - conviction is good! Funny, clever writing. A couple typos but who cares? Very well done!
Yup, you hit all us nails right smack dab on their heads!!! Well done - light and enjoyable as well as convicting.

More! More!
03/11/06
Nup, it can't be applied to me! I don't wear a tie. LOL
Chuckled all the way through this. Loved the beginning. How different out hopes and perceptions are from the reality of our experience. Loved the character - such an annoying self absorbed optimist! Connecting with no one for the whole day but on a battle high at the end of it! :-) really should be a :-( Talented, creative writing. Yeggy
03/11/06
Fun! And I love the title too!
03/12/06
From the Title all the way through to the very end...A DELIGHTFUL read! If only I could be such a Warrior and Optimist. Great Job and very well written! Kudos my fellow wordsmith, KUDOS!
Very good, funny story.
03/13/06
I really enjoyed this, this is one I'd want to pass on to my friends.

Great job writing it and great lessons. I like the way he progresses from timid to "mighty" warrior as the day progresses. :)