The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 4762 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/05/05
I thought, until I was halfway through this, that it was about a mom and her son with AIDS. It was a big surprise to find out it was a Bible story, as I had never pictured it like this. Thanks for the eye-opener.
12/06/05
This is amazing. I'd never thought of this story this way, either. You've penned it beautifully!!!
12/06/05
Vivid imagination. Beautiful story. Thank you.
12/06/05
Wonderful!!!!!
12/06/05
Discriptively compelling narative of the story. Most think not of the other side of the story of the widow and son. A wonderful telling, from a wonderful story-teller. Great job..
Great writing, your beginning paragraphs pulled me in. Good job! >:o)-I-<
12/06/05
Very creative and descriptive! Good job.
I was thinking Africa or India - the link to the Man of God surprised me - but I liked it. You certainly have a talent for bringing those old stories to life and making them LIVE. Well done.
12/08/05
Perfection.
12/10/05
If nothing else, this story made me go to my Bible and re-read that great story once again. It is exactly as this Writer says; It was her last meal that she was preparing for herself and her son...and God provided for many years.

Thank you for this lovely story written in modern times. I love true stories, and you have done a terrific job of bringing back the wonderful Bible Story and made it relevant for us today! Great! Just Great! So well written. Thank you...and Kudos to you!
Well done, Amy. I looked through it, but couldn't find anything I would suggest changing! Can't wait to read the future anthology!
12/11/05
Great work Amy. Strong sense of place. Good characterisation. Gripping story and the twist that it was the retelling of a bible story worked well - sucked me in! Yeggy
Compelling!!!! Really brought the situation to life. Great job. I, too, hadn't a clue that this was a story from scripture when I started reading....thought it was a modern-day story.
Wow!!! This was amazing and I enjoyed reading this. I sure can learn a lot from you, such great talent!

Congrats on winning, and definately well deserved!!
12/12/05
No question why you won. This is an extraordinary piece of work. I look forward to reading mor of your work.
Awesome Amy! You blow me away.
12/13/05
Amy - woo hoo!
You're really good a capturing the feeling in situations like this. I think your 'rain' piece was similar to this.
It's awesome to see how you brought Elijiah in...
I love this story.
Captivating!
Amy, I can't believe I didn't leave a comment the first time I read this..the phone or something must have interrupted my FW time. I loved this when I read it before, and I love it now. Just wonderful!! and definitely a big Congratulations to you!
01/15/07
Okay - so I liked this version too. *sigh* Such talent. ;)