The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 961 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/29/14
Awwww! Loved it!

God bless~
05/29/14
Awwww! Loved it!

It was such a sweet story, and had all the nuances and angst that accompanies being an young adult.

Great sentimental tale, my kind of story. I really enjoyed it.

Well written, and well done!

God bless~

(Sorry for the repeat, but I re-read it and enjoyed it so much, I wanted to add to my comment!)
05/29/14
Really sweet. You have a great story here.
05/30/14
Aaaaahhh puppy love! Love how you've drawn your characters and brought them to life. And how you drew Peanut out of his shell. Good intro to a longer story...
06/01/14
Yes, Ha. I have to agree with the other comments. I had to smile all the way through. I guess it's what you would call "A feel good story" Well done
06/01/14
Good story, with characters who have some depth and dialogue. I love that you had her throw dirt at him during their argument, that is such a realistic act that it both made me laugh and believe more in your characters.

Great job!
I knew this was yours! You write the most delightful and sensitive pieces - making this old heart melt. Thank you.
06/01/14
So sweet this story! A lovely read!
A super article for sure! I usually do not like "mushy stuff", but how could anyone not feel good after reading this is beyond me! An Editor's choice no doubt!
06/01/14
A lovely, real life romance told in a wonderful way.

Two small things I tripped over.

Para 13 should read, "a drop-dead-gorgeous red satin gown."

And in the second last para you have "Peanut gave Phoebe and a hug and said". The first 'and' shouldn't be there.

You really should make this a full, book length story. It has the making of a brilliant Hallmark movie and your writing skills could turn it into a romantic novel well worth reading.

Blessings.
Good story. Sometimes we need a happily-ever-after story. :)

We have a tendency to forget why the people that are most important to us are important until we suddenly realize they may no longer be there for us.
06/02/14
Don't let it get around that I like romance stories. I do have a manly image to protect. Oh well, I can't help it. I really enjoyed this piece. When I got to the end I wanted to keep reading. And that's a sign of good writing. I like seeing you explore writing different types of stories. You truly are becoming a well-rounded writer.
Great job!

I think I'll go make some popcorn and read it again!