The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 973 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/23/12
This is fun, and I like the ending. We can be far too serious too much of the time.
This is a sweet story and you had me chuckling throughout it. It's funny how something as simple as shopping can change our personalities! The message at the end, don't sweat the smell stuff or take time to smell the roses is something I think we all need once in a while. Great read!
This is so well written. Perfect pacing, punctuation, grammar, great intro and conclusion, and terrific title! But it's the characters that make the story come alive. Loved how you depicted their personalities switching in the store. And of course, your message is packaged so well, I will definitely be letting my husband throw ice cream into the cart next time we shop together. Yay for a great story!
08/24/12
Fun, delightful and a truthful read. Almost all of us can identify with this story. You obviously hit the topic quite well, and managed to tell a good story in the process.

Thanks...God Bless~
08/25/12
Light hearted, fun, great characters all tied up with a good message...we should have more fun at the grocery store:)
Love your descriptions, especially the 'salty leather.' I enjoyed the light-hearted flow of it all. Great job.
Sweet!! I totally identify with this one! Congratulations on your placements!
Congrats on your win, Laura! I just knew this great story would place well. Keep writing!
08/31/12
Congrats...God bless