The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 910 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Wow this is a powerful story. You transported me to a land I can't imagine. What a lesson many of us could learn from others all around the world. We are extremely blessed and you did a beautiful job of reminding me. This is a great twist on the topic with a powerful message.
08/23/12
We so much take our own situations for granted. Thank you for the reminder that for many people life is so different.
08/24/12
Great job with the topic. Only hearing what it is like "elsewhere" is quite different than actually "witnessing" it the way you have. We are a blessed country for sure. Amen.

Beautiful reminder of how we need to be thankful of our circumstances irrespective of what is "right in front of our eyes."

God bless~
I liked how you started and ended this entry with a thought provoking questions. You certainly made us think. In my opinion, the fourth paragraph "Which brings me back..." could have been eliminated. You are restating what you have already said in the previous paragraphs.
08/28/12
A true story which presents a great truth - our responsibility to appreciate more what we have, and to have compassion for those who do not. Great writing.
Happy Dance! I loved this so much! Happy Dance!
Congratulations on your HC and for ranking 14 overall!
08/31/12
Congrats Hiram...God bless