The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1019 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I so enjoyed this. You let the reader know one of the conflicts right away which drew me in and urged me to keep eating. It's funny how some kids hold onto one memory while another is important to brother. If the food is fixed with love, it does add a spice of flavor to it for sure.
08/03/12
I thought this was a tender and touching story that was right on topic. I loved the interaction with the siblings while looking through the album. Many things in retrospect seem to either disappear or become prominent. David's were the later, Ellen's the former.

Loved it. Thanks.

God Bless~
08/06/12
Such a tender, warm, and heartfelt exchange here! I loved the interaction between the two older siblings and then how effortlessly you folded in the younger sibling - thus introducing key information about a change in their life (Mom geting married). I could feel Ellen's regret - it was written well, as was the overall story. Good work!
08/09/12
A nicely written story. I like the plot, the way the story is crafted beginning with the event of yesteryears, and then continuing it with the recollection. I also like the ending, how the story come to a close in a positive note with the suggestion to recreate the 'Poor Man dishes.' Well done!
Congratulations for ranking 7th in your level!
08/10/12
There's warmth and love infusing this whole entry, and your bridge to the healed attitudes was so credible. Excellent work.