The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 970 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/19/12
Thank you for sharing this beautiful story that touched my heart. It was not only well-written and well recieved...but made my heart smile when that is was a true story. Bless you and all of those who help "Feed" the Word and provide the means to do so.

Thank you. God bless~
This is a beautiful story. It is so often true that sometimes we people are willing to minister and care for the body but seem to think someone else will cover what happens to their souls. This sounds like a delightful organization.

The only red ink I offer is tine but I noticed you repeated men in the program a few times. Perhaps switch it up with clients or another term like that.

You ministered to many in the program over the years. Now you will minister to everyone who reads this story and choose to make a difference in the souls in their community. What a blessed gift!
07/20/12
I really enjoyed reading about your kitchen memories with Teen Challenge! I was so impressed with the program and its activities. Your ending was very effective and touching. Good job!
07/23/12
This is an uplifting article. Thanks for sharing your wonderful "Kitchen Memories"
07/23/12
A moving story that touched me. I too have been connected, although not nearly as deeply as you, with our local Teen Challenge for nearly 20 years. It truly is a wonderful and powerful ministry!

I liked the reminiscent tone of the piece and the way you were able to joyfully look back at the work accomplished, even if the look back was bitter sweet. The only thing I saw that was a small point ... you mention MAPS twice. I found myself wonderful if that was an acronym and, if so, what it stood for.

This was a nicely written work that touched my heart. Thanks!
07/26/12
Congratulations on a well deserved 2nd place finish this week. Awesome work!
07/26/12
Congratulations on your placing. This is a great article and well deserving!
07/26/12
Sometimes a topic just slides into your heart and the entry flows with warmth and integrity. It was so easy to read this that it could appear easy to write, but I sense that every sentence would have been so loaded with memories that faces and conversations would have kept stealing your thought flow.
Great work, and a well-deserved placing.
07/26/12
Congrats! God Bless~
Congratulations on your ribbon and for ranking 14th overall!
07/31/12
Wonderful! God's peace fell, as I read your touching testimony. I am familiar with Teen Challenge and its ministry. Congratulations on your place in the Winners Circle. This is one I intend to share...

Wing His Words!
Another wonderful piece. I loved how you took a step back and allowed your memories to flow on that last Christmas at Teen Challenge. Very heartfelt.