The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1104 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Wow this is outstanding! It broke my heart. You did a great job both bringing attention to some nursing homes as well as forms of dementia. This is definitely an all-time favorite for me!
I enjoyed this well written story. It relates well to the challenge topic, I think, and carries a message we all need to hear.
Tough topic and many writings this week were good but I couldn't see the topic; this one relates to the topic very well and does a good job presenting cohesive inner dialog
09/17/11
Well written and sadly, the laments of most individuals in nursing homes. As I have mentioned before, my entire career I worked as a Director in nursing homes; and the people in there truly lose a lot of their independence, and they need strong advocates (human angels) to be their "voice."

Good job. God Bless~
09/19/11
Very sensitive portrayal of your MC, and the milieu he is in. Frustration mixed with hope, and a touch of gratitude amidst the loneliness. Well-captured material.
09/22/11
A heartbreaking description of 'imprisonment' expressed so well in written words. Excellent piece.
09/28/11
This touched my heart deeply.
It reminds me of way to many times of seeing the sadness on the patients in the nursing home. Thank you for giving them a voice in your story.
11/07/11
Your story broke my heart! It was as if you were telling my father in law's story. What a relief it will be when we all are released with new bodies to our heavenly home.
01/23/12
After reading this article, I really feel blessed that you gave my "Wedding Awry-----" such a nice review. This article was outstanding and so many could relate-inside a rest home, and outside-with someone in there! What a great job of writing this was.