The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1192 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Good way to tie the title into the story, this is a different way to look at this story from this particularly MC's POV. I like it, especially the ending. It just makes it more realistic.
01/26/10
With such a limited word count you really covered alot. I enjoyed that. Some of the details strayed from scripture, like the pair being a couple (husband and wife) and if I am not mistaken the men raced back to tell who they had broke bread with. Overall good job.
01/26/10
The anonymous entrant has told me that Luke 24 does not indicate the gender of whoever was with Cleopas; so we may as easily assume it could have been his wife as much as we assume the pair to both be men. There was insufficient room to include their return to Jerusalem, but there would have been space to adjust the last sentence to "I hope no one finds out what I really said to him..." The author is sorry for any confusion about this and he has asked me to pass this apology to other FW readers.
01/28/10
I was waiting for the oops!
A good story, retold with a gentle touch of humour.
12/05/21
You caught me by surprise by the identity of the narrator. What a great familiar story to give a backstory. Such detail of what It might have been like. Loved the humor. Great job.