The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1436 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/15/09
I have goosebumps. This was well-written. I felt every emotion along with the main character.
A very real story told with much respect and sincerity.
11/16/09
Nice story. I, too, had goosebumps.
Great story that shows the valiance and sacrife of our soldiers and their families. Well done.
Very nicely done, chronicling not only the ones who wait, but the bravery and hearts of those who serve and have become injured in the line of duty. Attributes to be honored and revered.
11/16/09
This is SO good--the highlight is the easy-going and natural dialogue, and the natural pacing. Loved it.
Wow, this made my lungs close up...great job, you got everything in the piece to make it work beautifully. A wonderful tribute to not only our brave soldiers, but to their families as well.
Hats off to you!
11/18/09
I too enjoyed your story. It was so easy to relate too, and I have never been in any situation like this. Great writing!
11/18/09
oh, those dreadful calls when you're asked to pull over to the side of the interstate. beautiful, beautiful writing.
11/18/09
Beautifully written Rachel. The cell call was particularly compelling and realistic. It evoked a real sense of apprehension for me as a reader. Again, super super work.
11/18/09
Excellent story telling. You hooked me in and would not let me go. I loved this.
11/18/09
A beautiful and moving story, and a wonderful reminder of how much our soldiers (and their families) sacrifice for our country. Thanks for the footnote at the end, too! Well done.
11/19/09
Rachel, hun...pass the tissue box please. *sigh* Well done.

I liked this line.It cast many images and thoughts when I read it.: Others – older, deeper friends – merely offered the silence of empathy.
Superbly written, packed with emotion. Very well done!
11/19/09
Beautifully written! Laura