The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1154 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/24/09
I like the description of the birds, the fields, and the snow... Having lived in Kansas for four neat years, it brought back memories. I especially loved the color of the wheat and milo just before harvest! Good picture of the farms and land, and God's great seasons.
05/24/09
I enjoyed this gentle, rhythmic piece about the land and how it changes with the seasons.

You had some nice descriptions such as: "Beyond the window, the porch swing would sometimes stir with ghosts, back and forth, back and forth," and also the part about the freshly plowed field rows looking like a lady's lovingly combed tresses.

It made me wish I could go visit that place and that time! Good job! :)

I was transported to the farm by the vivid descriptions. I also enjoyed the mc learning to count by counting the window panes, great touch.
05/25/09
Great descriptions in this piece. You made the farm and it's field come to life. There is a lot of depth in your love of the land.
Vivid descriptions of a place I would like to visit. Nicely written.
Your story makes me want to go back to my childhood on my uncle's farm. Wonderful description of the field by season.
05/26/09
It takes a special writer to take the common, everyday and paint a picture so rich and glorious. That is what you did.
When I read your writing, I slow down and savor each word.
Mona
05/26/09
In this age of canned and frozen everything we lose touch with the rhythms of the seasons. This was a rich piece of writing which reminds us to pause and thank God for the wonder of His world. Well done!
05/26/09
I really like this. I saw each scene as you unfolded it so well. Great take on the topic.
Visually wonderful and full of descriptions that would make a poet envious. Great job.
Absolutely lovely pictures here.
05/27/09
Ahh, a country boy!! Me, too. (country girl I mean!):)

A soothing, gentle piece of writing, Jim.