The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1129 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/11/09
You've written a creative story for the topic. You've effectively conveyed the mixed-feelings of your MC. I like these sentences. "Somewhere in the future there’s a meeting of the two halves of my heart. Jesus holds them both.
Nice take on the topic. Well written. Good job.
05/12/09
Well written! You could feel the emotions, confusing as they were written. I was a little puzzled over the setting in the second part. A little more description would have helped.
Well done
05/12/09
The stark reality of serving God in foreign missions. Gives the reader something to think about. I know I don't thank those on Foreign fields enough.
Mona
05/13/09
A lovely missions story; I love the authenticity of the mix of emotions that comes with being a missionary. Well done!
Very enlightening to how missonaries feel. Nice job!
05/13/09
Homesick...heart split in two...Jesus hold both halves and will unite them in heaven. What a wonderful promise, eh? Nice job on this topic.
I loved this line:
"Somewhere in the future there’s a meeting of the two halves of my heart. Jesus holds them both." I also loved they way you were able to express the heart of a true missionary that I could understand their call and sacrifice.
A very creative take on the topic, and so well done! I loved the two halves of the heart, with Jesus holding them both.
I felt very torn right along with your MC as I read this. You made a good point that God is with us no matter where we live here on this earth. Home is found in Him. I really enjoyed reading this. Thanks for sharing!
05/14/09
This is a good accounting for how the missionary feels. A piece of the heart is left in both worlds. Very revealing and authentic.