The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1494 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/20/08
Very sweet story which makes a very good point. Needs some editing to make it market-worthy, but a delightful read which touches the heart. Very nice.
11/23/08
Well written and I would have to say I believe the year was 1924, when people actually thought about others needs before there own. Even as a child your MC knew finances were an issues and would take less rather than be a selfish person and make her true feelings be none. Good job.
11/23/08
sorry...correction should be "feelings known" :)
11/26/08
Very well written - loved all the lessons taught and the heart of Uncle Paul especially!
I think this was lovely glimpse into a loving family at this time of year. I liked, too, how universal the grandfather seemed (at least to me) they are mind readers, aren't they?
And we think we are so clever at hiding our secrets. Great job!
11/26/08
Nicely told. I guessed the skates would be in the suitcase. I wonder if a different title would help keep the suspense as the current title hints at the ending. What I didn't guess was the far more important gift she received of the lesson not to lie and the strenthened relationship with her Uncle. Nice job.
Lovely story with a good lesson at the end. Well done.
Love,
Norms
11/27/08
Karlene, in case you don't see the Highest Rankings each week, I just wanted to let you know that you did very well in the Challenge this week. Even though you didn't quite make it into the winners' circle, you made it into the Highest Rankings for Level 3, placing 6th for the level. You also made it into the Highest Rankings overall, placing 28th out of all the entries for the week.

The competition is always extremely intense in Level 3, so well done. Keep up the great writing.

If you would like to check the highest rankings for yourself, you can see them here:

http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=343147

With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)