The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1280 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/29/08
Fun title, great voice. Really strong entry.
08/30/08
I like the turn in the end that gives encouragement to singles. It sounds like an article that would be perfect for a singles magazine. Great writing!
09/01/08
I love this. You shared the plight of a single male very well. Great writing!
This is not your average biblical fiction, nor is it like any other entry I've read on the topic of patience. It is unique and creative, with just the right touch of humor, and full of wisdom. Nice job.
09/02/08
What a great take on the topic! Very funny touches throughout, but balanced with the stark reality of trying to find a Godly mate...Well done!
Wow, I never thought of it that way. Adam and Eve DID have it made in the "finding the perfect match" game. I loved your rant. You made me smile. The encouragement at the end was a nice cap to this great entry.
Great piece with strong hope at the conclusion. In my way of thinking, God has made the "perfect Eve" for each single male; and, the "perfect Adam" for each single female. It's just a matter of "falling asleep" to the physical draws and waiting for God to wake you up to see her. :) Rest well until God awakens you. ;)
Along with being very creative, it's packed with Godly wisdom and great male "voice." Excellent job!
09/02/08
Great reminder to all Christian singles from a very unique perspective. It might have been fun to have time warped Adam to our era and follow him as he goes through all the situations you described.
09/03/08
Excellent view on the topic. Never thought of the Garden of Eden as being organic, but of course it was. Very nicely done.
09/04/08
I like the angle you are coming from in this article. You are absolutely right, finding the right mate requires a lot of patience. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, and may all who wait upon the Lord not be disheartened, but rather pesevere on through earnest prayer.
09/04/08
Aww...this is very touching and honest. Great take on the topic and great advice to all singles-men and women.
09/04/08
Oh, how I love your creativity and wit. You have really found your voice, Josh, and it is quite effective. Well done!!!!
09/06/08
Josh, this is sooo hilarious! I love this, "What if there wasn’t just Eve standing there. What if he also had Veronica, Stephanie, Julia, and..." and then your "21st century" comment. Super creative humorous writing!!!
I love this! You had me hooked from the first line. What a humorous way to impart wisdom to today's singles. Excellent! Very well written. Great job.
10/27/08
HAHAHA! THATS soooooooooo funny cause I am in the middle of writing something about Adam and Eve, "The first conversation"
11/06/08
wow. powerful.

i was giggling through the beginning on how great Adam did have it..

Then it turned into reality. We do feel like that sometimes... giving up, looking in all the wrong places.. but the key IS patience.

i love your work!
11/06/08
wow. powerful.

i was giggling through the beginning on how great Adam did have it..

Then it turned into reality. We do feel like that sometimes... giving up, looking in all the wrong places.. but the key IS patience.

i love your work!