The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1440 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
You captured a very realistic family atmosphere in this story, with just the right mix of humor and weariness. Needless to say, her husband is a jewel, and the couch-cushion fort was a terrific touch.
You did a great job with the details here, bringing the story wonderfully to life. It's one of my favorites this week.
Delightful, realistic story! I've been there, and God [together with a loving, helpful husband] does make mom's life better!
This is adorable! I really loved it. This cracked me up:
"If Jenny had asked me if she could get a tattoo and live at the Mall, I probably would have agreed to that too." Five stars from me.
08/05/08
Delightful--and lets hear it for all the moms who balance school and family (and work). I found myself laughing at all the bits only a mom (or a very, very observant person) would know about.
Beautifully written. Well organized. I wish I could write this well.
I agree that this was well written and wish I too could write this well. Great story and take on the topic.
Really loved this piece, it was fresh yet so real and fun to read. And, isn't it interesting what just a few words of encouragment can do to your outlook on life.
One of my favorite lines is when she asked God "What were you thinking?" : ) Like I said, so real! Great job!!!
I love the tone of this. Very true to life with a nice touch of humor added to the mix. I really enjoyed the voice of the MC.

I really hope this one places high, because it is one of my favorites in advanced this week.
08/09/08
Fun-filled and realistic writing about this weary mom. Liked that you gave her a loving and understanding hubby. I could relate to this piece. Thanks.
This is still a favorite for me.