The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1028 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
What a wonderful tribute to a hero and close family-member. I like the choice of 'cousin brother' at the end to again reiterate the closeness that was shared. Nice writing.
~Ree~
05/30/08
I grew up on one of those "farms split by the road." I love that phrase. Your insight and story of your cousin is so beautifully and poignantly written. What a tribute.
Your title tied all your thoughts together. I was touched my the part about being a mama's boy and not sure why...you cover so many emotions in so few words. WELL DONE.
This brought me to tears. You chose just the right words to tell enough of the story, yet leave a little mystery. Wonderful poem!
06/02/08
Cool--I'm trying to remember--you don't usually write poetry, do you? Very nice...I'm a big fan of free verse, and your is particularly rich in imagery.
Wow. This was very good. It really stirred up some emotion inside me as I read it. I don't know if this is fictional or based on a true story, but it was 100% believable regardless. Thank you for sharing this. I really enjoyed it.
This is truly excellent! I am always in awe of the writers of poetry, especially free-verse! Beautiful job! Blessings, Cheri
This is outstanding free verse with so many memorable lines. Just beautiful.
06/04/08
Wow, beautiful.
Very moving and heartbreaking. Excellent writing!
Wow! So neat-my favorite verse was the second one. It sort of showed me this picture of the two different lives. ^_^
Excellent writing.
A beautiful tribute to our brave soldiers and a wonderful example of two different cousins. Well done!
Just found your writing... thanks to Jan's master class reference to one of your poems... I'll be looking forward to reading more of your beautiful and incredibly well-written work.

Blessings dear writer.

Lesley-Anne Evans