The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1624 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/07/07
I love the line of the husband, "Who is coming?" You may want to quote the verse in Lamentations. Also, don't forget to capitalize the word Bible, it's God's Word.
Well done.
12/07/07
Surprise! How funny. This was a very original piece for home groups.
Laury
12/08/07
I like the line about God thinking they needed a demonstration of grace. I'm glad they rose to the occasion! Good characters.
12/12/07
I love hearing Elizabeth's prayer in the beginning and seeing the unexpected answer. :) One little thing: in "messed-up girls" you need a hyphen (because 'messed' modifies 'up' and not 'girls'). I liked the part where one of the young girls says that no one has asked them to stay before, and I love that you have younger and experienced ladies end up meeting together.
12/12/07
Sweet story. I liked the realistic details - the pregnant girl tried to get up but her belly made her fall back. Good job!
Heehee, love the mix up here. I'm glad that the girls did stay and that Elizabeth was able to show God's love.
***Congrats!***
12/13/07
Congrats on this creative entry!!
This is really cute. I loved it. I could picture them all...the pregnanty teens, the older empty-nesters and Elizabeth. Bravo and congrats!
12/14/07
Congratulations!
12/14/07
Congratulations on your EC. The last line is a classic. Good job with the topic.
12/15/07
Go Elizabeth! What an amazing story and lesson. Keep writing for Him!
Very well crafted! Congrats on a well-deserved win!
12/16/07
CONGRATULATIONS! Well-deserved win!
Laury
12/18/07
I like the story a lot. I think the last line is cool, I like the way the 5 older women were described to be statues, but how later, they were moved to be repentant prayer warriors.

Mercy is indeed not a textbook lesson, but a life experience. :) God bless you.
01/03/08
Garnet,

Where ever did you get the idea for this? Great story! I loved the idea of Lamaze (as in giving birth to) for this lesson on mercy. You are a very creative thinker.

Blessings!