The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2455 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/01/06
As I read this I could see the clash between good and evil, light and dark. The stark difference and the transference from one to the other.

The sound of worship (sound being another form of light) transformed the entire situation. Your strong descriptive words demonstrated this contrast with force. I could feel the onslaught and the relief.

DARKNESS
Distressful peace, irritable composure, aggressive complacency.
Hostile tranquility, violent peace, discomforted serenity.

LIGHT
Dissonance gave way to consonance.
Discord gave way to accord.
Disharmony gave way to harmony.
Assent.
Unison.
Melodious.
Freedom.
Heavenly strain, rapturous melody, celestial prose.
Consecrated theme, sacred etude, Davidic psalm.

Excellent!!! Long comment but this is worth it.
09/01/06
You have brought one of my favorite Psalms alive. I love the contrast between light and darkness, His light always overcomes the darkness. I used this for my meditation this evening, thank you!
09/02/06
This is SO powerful. Your images are strong, and every word is powerfully presented. Very raw and meaningful. Excellent!
09/05/06
Very passionate writing and boldly penned. Great job! :)
09/05/06
Beautiful contrast... light, dark, good, evil. Lyrical. Good writing.
09/05/06
I LOVE the way your oxymorons (discord) resolve into serenity (harmony). This is more than masterful, and my favorite this week. Awesome.
Every word obviously chosen with such care. Powerful. Beautiful. Thought provoking. Excellent.
09/06/06
VERY well done - I loved the affectiveness of the single word lines.
Well done and beautiful!
09/06/06
Oooh - I liked this. Your choice of words and phrasing chilled me - very realistic writing. Clever and creative take on "Melody." Nicely done.
Powerful choice of words. It's obvious this took a lot of thought and effort. Well done!
09/06/06
Creative use of apparent antonyms to generate that tangible conflict Saul experienced. I felt smothered a couple of times in the adjectives, but overall the torn sensation came through.
Wow!
09/06/06
Each word made a brick in a wall of the story. I could feel the tension in this conflict. What a great job!
09/07/06
This is so well done - the way you take the reader from evil to good. You are an excellent writer and an inspiration to aspiring authors (like me). :)
09/07/06
I give your thesarus a DAVEY for its worn pages. I hoped you retired the thing after you wrote this piece.