The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1872 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I am surprised no one has made a comment about this already. Oh Michael, you are really in a dilemna. perhaps you should specifically look for jobs that start with first or one...or stop working altogether..hahahahaha.
Very cute read. Hilarious
Super clever piece! Just a few too many dialogue lines leading to the buildup, but you managed not to lose me before reaching the absolute hoot of an ending! A very worthwhile read.
06/20/06
Well, you get a DAVEY for "Silly" of the week for this one. Ha! Enjoyed it, tho.
06/20/06
Oh! This is hilarious! You do humor so well! Thanks for brightening my day.
06/20/06
Now that's abundance. Hilarious! great job.
06/21/06
I love it! A couple places it seemed a bit overly done, but you didn't lose me -- not at all! :) Well done and I'm still sitting here chuckling! Thanks for sharing!
06/21/06
Very funny. I did enjoy this. Well done.
06/21/06
Very hilarious and unique. I thoroughly enjoyed your story.
06/21/06
Only one note..if he is catholic..how is he getting a job at the Baptist church?? I LOVED your style of writing..very cute...witty and quick! You told a whole story with just dialogue and with great humor!
06/21/06
Sitting here laughing with tears in my eyes, great ending. Bravo my friend.
06/21/06
Very cute.. Puts a whole new meaning to Motel 6's slogan "We'll leave the light on." :)
06/21/06
Reminds me of that show on TLC(I think) about the family with like 16 kids, then, before they can finish the house they're building, 17. The next show, 18 . . . I quit counting. Having said that, because of the length of this entry, I think this worked very well without the dialogue tags. Nice Job!!!
06/21/06
So funny! How I love a good sense of humor, and you've got it--in abundance!
06/21/06
This is just delightful. I like a dialog form for telling a story. It's so real life. I relish your sense of humor, which is such a wonderful gift from God.
Oh, this was was fun to read. I was laughing so hard my husband wanted me to read it to him. He loved it. I loved it. Thanks.
Great job! This is really funny. Love it.
This is funny! Great job!
06/23/06
LOL too funny - although if it is a job with the Four Square church - hmmm, that's a boat load of kids!!