The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 574 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/22/16
Your entry grabbed my attention because my current husband was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma several years ago. He has relapsed three times, but has now been in remission for over ten years. We rejoice in this!

But my journey with cancer did not have this kind of happy ending with my son's daddy--just three short years before my re-marriage. At age 35, my son's father and my sweet husband, went on to Heaven after having fought valiantly against his rare form of submandibular gland cancer for seventeen months.

To say your story resonated with me is an understatement. How we learn to value good health through these journeys, and how we learn to love life--just as it is--and how we learn to appreciate the Hope of Heaven--are the immeasurable lessons we learn.

My prayers are for you and this journey. May God bring you the peace that passes all understanding. Thank you for sharing your story.
10/22/16
This extremely well written and heart wrenching story had me in tears. My heart goes out to you. Thank you for sharing your very difficult journey.
Congratulations on ranking 9th in your level. The highest rankings can be found on the message boards.