The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 995 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/19/11
Oh, this is cool! I've never heard of "Mr. Eternity" and was a bit confused until I read your author's note. Then it all became clear and I loved your poem even more!
This is such a lovely tribute, especially when you know something about Arthur Stace's remarkable life. Your rhyme and meter are impeccable and enhance the exclamation-point-feeling of the poem. :-)
03/20/11
Not just lovely and well-done poetry, but an interesting story as well. I enjoyed this.
03/22/11
I too am unfamiliar with Arthur Stace, but this poem is certainly a fitting tribute to him and his cause. You captured the feel of the hurried world we live in, and the reason we each need to slow down.
This is a beautiful tribute to a man that made a huge difference in countless lives.
03/24/11
You've gathered so many cameos on your way to the climax in a very compelling and succinct way. Very well captured, especially from the other side of this beautiful planet.
Congratulations for placing 10th in your level and 15th overall!
Congrats on your placement with this! You're a consistent example to me of creativity and respected compositional skill. :-)