The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1293 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/22/10
I enjoyed your traditional tea ceremony and the drama within. Good job.
I have always admired the Japanese culture for the way they value respect and honor, two things often lacking in American culture. This was beautifully draped with imagery and wisdom. Great story.
This peek onto a different culture kept me riveted to the screen. You did an outstanding job the whole way through.
Wonderfully done. I felt the heaviness in the air from your descriptions. I feel privileged to have had this peek into the culture of honor so beautifully painted here.
10/27/10
I enjoyed the read, especially the way the conversation of a different culture is put across. Very convincing portrayal of customary practices with a message behind, telling us of the need to break tradition for peaceful resolution.
Human nature is the same in every culture, the "nature of the beast." Very poignant illustration and finely written. Shalom :)
10/27/10
Sweet! I like this. The setting reminds me of a scene on Karate Kid 2 when Daniel is having a tea ceremony with this young Japenese woman. Everything about the ceremony must be done just "so-so." You did a good job of tying in Biblical truth to oriental culture.
10/27/10
I enjoyed your story and the look into the unusual tea time. Thanks!
Congratulations on your EC!! You write such wonderful pieces
10/28/10
Yay! Third place in Masters and 4th place Editor's Choice! Awesome job! :D
I feel so thankful this morning, thankful to God, and thankful to all of you. Thank you!

"Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones you have crushed rejoice" (Psalm 51:8).
Congratulations. I am very impressed and inspired. Excellent.
10/28/10
Congratulations:) Great job.
10/29/10
Fascinating. Thanks for the interesting read.
10/29/10
Love this well-written story and the great message that comes with it. Congratulations!
Riveting. I truly enjoyed every word. Congrats on your placing.