The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1362 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/21/10
Excellent story for this week's topic. Great characterization of your mc. I could feel her sinking into despair. I could visualize her in the bathroom and all that took place there. Great ending as well.
I loved this! YES!!! Very good choice of action: Contact-Bible-Psalms-light bulb comes on...praise, lots of praise. Yes. I have never been able to throw a pity party while I'm praising the Lord. Well written. A big thumbs up. Blessings :)
This was a delightful story. I liked how you covered many aspects of conversation. Nice job and a great lesson.
10/25/10
This is delightful, has humor, honesty, and real substance. Good writing.
10/26/10
The first half of this was particularly engaging, with a great voice.

A tiny nitpick: it's (with the apostrophe) always means 'it is' or 'it has'. You wanted the possessive 'its', with no apostrophe (like 'his' and hers').

Your characterization of both people--especially the mother--is quite strong. Good job.
10/27/10
This was an encouraging piece and a reminder to me, personally, that despair is a choice. Thanks for writing it!
10/27/10
I've already left a comment but want to add another...if the word you're talking about is "sucks" I think you're okay. My daughter is a single mother of two; and I'm here to tell you that there are some days when that word probably best describes her overwhelmed emotions.
10/28/10
Very current, in the zone writing style. You do it well. Interesting. Good entry.

Mona