The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1320 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/21/10
Excellent title for this story. You brought the Bible account to life and I could envision the scene as it was happening.
This is a nice job of retelling the familiar story. You really captured the fearand grief of Peter.
10/25/10
This has to be one of the saddest conversations on record. I'm glad I've read about another one between Peter and Jesus later on.
Good writing.
10/26/10
A lively re-telling of a familiar story, with some really good phrases.

At one point, you have 'renting' for 'rending' (unless he was charging a fee for their usage). And the word 'hate-crime' in the title is a very modern phrase that may not work with the story's setting.

I really like the multiple layers of meaning in your last sentence. Well done!
My goodness, you brought this to life. I could hear/feel/see everything. I so admire those who can write historical fiction for that very reason - bringing the past to life to be re-lived and experienced again. Great job.
This is one of the most powerful stories in the Bible. You did a very good job retelling it. I could feel Peter's fear and anguish at the end. Good job!
10/27/10
You made me feel as though I were right there in that courtyard. Great job of re-telling this familiar story!
10/28/10
Excellent work! You've captured the moments preceding our Lord's crucifixion very vividly as seen from a third person's POV!