The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2771 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I really liked the point of view of your entry, and how you "sculpted" such a charming story. Beautiful.
Creative and very well written. Nicely done.
I was intrigued with the story, and enjoyed the ending, too.
04/25/09
Awesome writing. I loved how you showed us the freedom the statue felt as he was being created. Very good.
04/28/09
Extremely creative POV, and I was drawn to parallels between this sculpture and my own self, a work-in-progress. Nice writing, with perhaps a bit of fizzle at the end.

I'm off to Google these works of art!
After about halfway through, I started to figure out that this was about Michelangelo's sculptures, and I smiled.

I think this was an awesome take on this week's topic. It is very unique and written extremely well. The subject matter appealed to me, as I love Michelangelo's works.

Great job with this one!
04/30/09
Congrats, Seema on EC for this. I'm sure by your comments, you are surprised. This is really good though.
04/30/09
Well done! Good creative take on this week's topic. A well-deserved recognition.
04/30/09
Seema, this is WONDERFUL!! What an imaginative, interesting, masterful piece of writing! :) I loved the imagery created by your well-chosen words, and I congratulate you on your EC! And to think you wouldn't even hint this week! :)
04/30/09
Congratulations fellow Michelangelo writer. :-) I agree with another commenter that you might be surprised considering the comment you left on mine. I must respectfully disagree with your own assessment of your very fine work! Outstanding and very creative POV and writing!
Very, very creative! Congratulations on your EC placement, Seema.
05/01/09
I love the creative perpective of this piece. You drew me in with your title and kept me reading with your artistic descriptions. Congratulations!
Very cool! I loved the point of view and the history of it. Now I have to go look up the Prigioni. ;) Congratulations on placing this week!!
Congratulations on your finish! What an accomplishment.
12/14/09
Wowzers, I love this. I am a big fan of unexpected POVs, and this was marvelous. I enjoyed the (assumed) parallel metaphor of us as unfinished works in progress--though we have not been abandoned by our Creator. Excellent writing.