The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1469 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/14/08
Great characterization and descriptions. Your voice for both characters was JUST right. Enjoyed this.
08/16/08
Vivid, realistic dialogue. I love the last lines. ;)
08/17/08
I was the oldest cousin on my mom's side so I could certainly relate to this story. Good job:)
Your girls seemed real. Love the description of the 8 year old. This was a fun read.
Just the right touch of humor in the writing to making it entertaining and excellent dialoge between the girls to keep it interesting.
08/17/08
Great story. It felt so realistic, and it's great that they found a way to become friends.
08/17/08
*smile* I have a feeling this has a lot of nonfiction in it...right?
You have protrayed the different ages perfectly. The patience of the older cousin revealed a very special person--you? I really enjoyed the story.
08/18/08
I think you nailed it. Great reader involvment. Loved it. God bless.
08/18/08
Wonderful story. The interaction between the girls was entertaining and realistic. Very fun indeed!
Your story unfolded very true-to-life. I really enjoyed the added effect of speaking through a pillow.
08/20/08
Very real sounding interaction of a teen ager and an eight year old...Tish handled the situation very well, ending up making a friend out of a "would-be-enemy"... enjoyed your story...Helen
08/20/08
Enjoyed this tale of Hide and Seek. You are talented with conversation.
08/20/08
i liked this the whole way through--let's say it Entertained Karen. Snappy dialogue back and forth with a battle of wits and wills. All the different emotions came through for me. Would love to have hung out with the characters some more.
08/21/08
You gotta love the Katies of the world! :) I love all the detail you put in this.
The dialogue in this was spot on to how a teenager and 8 year old would interact. I like how they formed a nice little bond at the end with the Nintendo. Great writing as always from you. :)
08/21/08
Sara, I loved this! What an interesting relational story that turned into a bonding of two young people...loved the dialogue, the attitudes, the age appropriate expressions, etc.. brought me back to my girls when younger.. great writing from an exceptional woman!