The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1058 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/26/07
Thanks for sharing, and putting a smile in my day!

I have my own file of unexpected moments while speaking.
07/27/07
When I was a child, my pastor said, "Jonah in the whaley of the bale" during his sermon. :) Needless to say, he lost his point while the congregation burst out laughing. Kinda hard to get the "mood" back after these kinds of slip ups!
07/27/07
I know how you felt. I remember my mind going blank before a small audience. Talk about embarrassment!
07/27/07
Thanks for sharing your embarrashing moment. I once heard a youth director preach an intire sermon on the trouble of having neek wees [weak knees]. He never pronouced it right even 1 time.
07/27/07
Humor is always helpful to make a point. Cute story.
07/28/07
Cute. A lil short, but to the point. Nice job. God bless.
07/31/07
Speakers nightmare. The only thing you can do is pretend it was planned! Cute illustration.
Maybe preachers and conference speakers should steer clear of fishy stories. Our pastor also had a slip of the lip once and called it a whale of a belly. After services I pronounced the whale of the belly found. (I won't say where!!) Liked your article. :)