The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1271 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/06/06
Oh what a clever twist. Well done.
Wow...you hooked me! Great suspense,ingenious ending. Point made. Only one critique: You might want to condense the verbiage a bit in the opening paragraph for maximum punch. I really like this!
Good one! I really enjoyed reading this psycho meets robobride or whatever it is. :)

Great writing, wonderful description, build up of action...well done.
Hehe, I knew there was some kind of a twist coming, but hadn't thought of an android. Great job.
05/09/06
This is great! I love the irony.
05/09/06
'Chuckle' You can't buy love LOL
05/09/06
The last half of your story is reviting and awesome. It's such a fantastic story - so creative. Somehow make the first half just as strong! Loved this!!!
Oh, how ironic... I love it.
05/09/06
How scary! Sounds like she knew the Stepford wives!
Great story filled with suspense! I agree with Pat, that the opening bar scene could be tightened up a little. What are the most important points you wanted to convey in including that scene? Cut away anything that doesn't convey those points.

From the time Jim arrives home to the end the action picks up and keeps the reader reading. Loved the twist at the end, that the responding officer was considering a Future Bride of his own. Chills!!
Good twist. Curiosity made me want to continue. Great job!
05/09/06
You kept me going on until the end. I didn't expect an android bride! Very interesting twist. I agree that the beginning needs a bit of tightening.
05/10/06
The twist was absolutely perfect. The message right on target. Great job!
05/10/06
Good twist all the way through. You might want to change some of your verb choices such as 'scurried'. In many places you showed the action, yet with some work, I think you could show more other places instead of telling:) I think you write very well!!Great job!!
05/11/06
The opening paragraph made me stumble a little. That was the only thing in the whole piece (aside from a few word choice preferences) that I can find to pick at. The rest was spot on, the pace, the plot, the characters. Very good! Reminds me of a Suzie that I once had a crush on ... and vice-versa. Turned out she was only 12 ... but that's another story! A good way to exit intermediate and into advanced! Congrats!