The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1772 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/18/06
I think that this poem speaks to what a lot of Christians feel. I had this discussion with some friends of mine at work today and when I said that I was ready to die you would have thought that I had threatened their dogs. All I was saying was that I feel prepared to meet my maker. It doesn't mean that I'm suicidal. I think that all Christians should be prepared. Paul also had that opinion when he said for me to die is gain in Phil 1:21. Anyway I enjoyed the poem and I appreciate the feelings that it evoked. Thanks for your bravery in presenting it.

Pauly
01/19/06
Cool! I really liked this! And I enjoyed the flow and conversation! You speak what we feel. Good job!
I liked this and the subtle humour flowing throughout: "It's hard to believe;
That I'm calling you up
On this New Year's Eve!" Well done.

01/19/06
Yes, a lovely conversational tone. The main idea is clearly expressed. I particularly like the reference to 'gold-plated chrome!' Most of what we cling to is shiny and practically worthless. :-) Yeggy
01/20/06
I like this conversation with the Lord and you telling him how you feel, and what better time than New Year's Eve when folks feel sad and lonely, looking back on their life and lifestyle. You handled this very well.
Very accessible with its easy conversational style, and I enjoyed reading this. God bless.
Very well written. I think a lot of us feel just that way sometimes.
01/21/06
simple, humble, heartfelt. Who could ask for more? Well done!
01/21/06
Such a sweet poem! Like others have said, it speaks to what many of us feel sometimes. Good work!
Blessings, Lynda
01/22/06
I agree with the other commenters ... you've really hit upon something that so many of us can identify with ... being ready to 'go home'. Well done!
01/23/06
Excellent rhythm! Heart-felt and sincere. I wanna go too.
02/19/06
He who is the faithful witness to all these things says, "Yes, I am coming soon!" Amen! Come, Lord Jesus! - Revelation 22:20(NLT)
Beautiful! You are a gifted writer. Keep writing for His glory.
06/24/06
What an excellent read. I enjoyed it very much.