The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1211 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/29/05
A good devotional, with vital truths - but could use some spice. I found it informative, but not gripping. You're headed in the right direction, though.
11/29/05
Great article for the text book on the Study of plants; but for reading pleasure, it lacks that certain something that grips, holds and intrigues the Reader; but very informational, I agree.
12/01/05
I like your acrostic and the way each letter dealt with the way Jesus, the true vine, holds us and supports us if we cling to Him.
12/01/05
This is a well planned and written devotional!
The idea of making your entry an acrostic was inspirational. I think your beginning paragraph was intended to point out that, like vines, Christians have unique characteristics, but all are Christians. Very observant parallels between vines and us.Statements that worked for me: "We often look for support in other things, but He is only the truest of vines."; "The pruning process is painful, but unless the Master Gardner does this, we will infect the rest of the vine and we will bear no fruit. Involvement is so necessary for the fruit of the vine." A good devotional.