The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 612 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is powerful. I could totally relate with the MC on so many different levels. I too hate looking in the mirror and the tape in my mind plays over and over that I'm a loser. Your words touched me and remind me that I'm never alone. Others understand that helpless feeling and Jesus is always standing guard waiting to guide me back to safety.

Though this is a powerful story, it is quite weak on the topic. The pulling over to park felt like this was tacked on to try and make it fit the topic.

With that said, I know sometimes God lays a story on our hearts and we need to be obedient to Him. It may not rank high in the topic criterion but it could save someone's life or have an effect that we can;t even begin to imagine. Keep writing for only you can tell those stories. :)
11/03/12
I could totally identify with the MC at the beginning of the story. I think all of us have had days where everything seems to go wrong and where we think bad things of ourselves. Yet like your MC discovered, Jesus is always here for us and always gives us strength. I am glad that he realized what was most important to him. Great job.

God bless!
11/03/12
I could connect with your MC, in fact it felt as if you had a camera at my bathroom mirror. There have been more times than I care to admit that I have hated looking into the eyes looking back at me, and I know so many others have felt the same pain. There's no better place to "park" than at the feet of Jesus. I know your words will touch hearts.
Congratulations for ranking 7th in level two!