The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1132 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/23/12
This story hurt my heart. It hurt my heart because it is so true of too many churches, except too many of them do not have a Joe to turn people to Jesus' way of thinking. A very good depiction of people, especially Joe. He's my kind of guy. Bless you in your writing.
02/23/12
Great story, well done.
02/23/12
What a gem of a story. I loved it, and its message resounded truth throughout.

This kind of behavior is typical most times, and so petty. Thank God for Joe and his ability to deflect the pettiness into a positive cohesive effort.

Nicely told and written.
God Bless~
Hey, have you been to my church. That sounds like one of the deacon's meetings my husband describes. Great story.
I love this. I have tears in my eyes and want to meet the quiet Joe. Well done. This is one of my favorites.
02/27/12
This was an article that both challenged and hurt. There are too many churches that membership is the important thing. The sad thing is,there are many in the church who seem more dedicated to serving Christ than the greatest percent whose names are on the roster. For some, membership is freedom to live the way they please. Praise God, we are to be members one of another, uphold the plans of Christ, and help all we are able. Praise God for the Joes!
02/28/12
A well told story with much truth in it. A lesson to be learned here. Well done.
I loved this so very much. It spoke volumes about churches today. We need more Joe's in our churches. Thank you and God bless.
03/01/12
Truth, truth, truth told in a well written story. I like Joe a lot.
03/01/12
Congratulations on your win...I enjoyed it and look forward to another entry!

God Bless you~
03/01/12
That last line says it all. Congratulations on your 2nd place win.
Congratulations for ranking 11th overall!