The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1209 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/10/10
When we want our own way, it's so easy to wonder if God is listening, instead of hearing what He is trying to say to us. I enjoyed this very much.
12/10/10
omgoodness...been there a few times like your main character, stubbornly ignoring the signs! Good job - easy, smooth reading and enjoyable!
Been there. Done that. Enjoyable read and MC sounded like so many people I know. Thanks for sharing.
I love this. It is one of my favorites. I enjoyed the tongue in cheek humor and the double meaning of the signs. The message is great too Sometimes God is practically screaming at us and throwing bricks to get our attention but we get wrapped up in what we want. Excellent job. I expect I will see you in the next level very soon. Great writing!
12/14/10
a good piece of writing. I like the immediacy of the use of the first person and it is like a chat on the telephone or maybe a "dear diary" entry which makes it original and funny.
As others have already said it is like speaking our own thoughts aloud at times and the honesty is great.
I guess the author of this piece is a man if not you have done great to imagine yourself into the character!!
12/15/10
I thought it was only girls that thought about changing their men once they married them! I thought this very good - the plethora of signs that he failed to see! And then asking for a sign! Excellent.
12/16/10
I enjoyed this piece. The writing is great and really honest. All the signs are there for the writer but he does not want to see them. God speaks to us in myriads of ways. We just have to notice the signs.
12/16/10
Excellent. Your voice was perfect and the irony just wonderful. Congratulations on your EC!
Wow, this is powerful stuff. Excellent writing that highlights so much truth. Congratulations - your win is well deserved.
Congratulations on an EC for this wonderful story. There was more between the line than in the lines! Exceedingly well done!
12/16/10
CONGRATULATIONS ON A JOB WELL DONE! LOOKING FORWARD TO READING MORE FROM YOU!
12/17/10
well deserved michael ! congratulations :-) moving on up........
12/18/10
Wow! Powerful story, powerful message. Superb! Congratulations on your Editor's Choice award!
Very nicely told. I saw the ending right from the off, but that doesn't matter here because the journey's more important than the destination.

Yes very well written. Well deserved EC.
12/26/10
I liked this! It was kinda fun to count the roadblocks that your MC ran into before he got back home :). Entertaining and truthful. Liked the first person.
06/09/11
This is rich! I think most of us can put ourselves in this situation at one time or another. I too loved the honesty and irony...so well done!
02/03/13
This reminds me so much of my own faith walk. Thanks for sharing. I especially appreciate how you did not feel the need to knit up your story with a "happy" and resolved ending.