The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1661 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Beautifully put prose and allusions. Your descriptions not only puts the reader right there in the heart of Africa, but enables them as well to see the writer's heart.
03/12/09
Love that last line.
Well done. I can feel the great waterfall. I love the last line.
03/12/09
This is beautiful. I felt as if I was standing right there with you!
03/12/09
This is beautiful. I felt as if I was standing right there with you!
03/12/09
This is a beautiful description of the splendor of Africa and of course the Glory of God! Yet even this recount only hints at the majesty of both. I really wish you could have gone on and said a bit more about both wonders, possibly mentioning the African name "Mosi-oa-Tunya". Keep up with the evocative writing.
I love the word pictures in the first paragraph of the mist of ancient waters, and a wisp of humanity. Nicely Done!
This was so beautiful. what I was reminded of actually was God Himself; His mighty power and strength and his constant movement in our lives, and the still small voice that floats within us with gentleness and unconditional love transforming us into a precious gem. thank you.
03/15/09
I loved the imagery here.
03/15/09
Very descriptive, I felt like I was getting wet in the last paragraph. Good writing!
03/16/09
I was touched by your poetic word picture at the end. The waterfall, butterfly, mist, the creation of the Lord, etc. Beautifully done.