The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 760 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/11/08
Oh, marvelous! This story brought a lump to MY throat, too. It's rich in characterization, tone, and setting. Simply...excellent! (And I've been there/done that...only my student was about a foot taller than me...had already pulled the fire alarm-our class was on the FOURTH floor...and he then went to continuous tapping with his pencil....and I was a SUB. *Shudder*)
This is fabulous. As a former "paid" teacher (I now teach a classroom of one, at home :0)), I could *so* relate. Your characterizations and dialogue are great. And so is the message. I really enjoyed this piece!
This is a very nice, well written entry. I could picture it all and really enjoyed the moment when the teacher felt for her student. You are an excellent writer! Bless you.
This is so good! Any teacher can relate, I'm sure. Last class of the day on Friday...what could be harder to keep under control?
With the vivid emotions, I could see the scenes unfold. Love the heart of the teacher. Excellent!
09/18/08
This was beautifully done! A great reminder!
I'm a teacher, too, so I know what an afternoon like these feels like. It's so easy to lose sight of God's love for our students. Great writing - I was right there with you!
Great job setting the scene and revealing the teacher's thoughts. Many of us empathize with the Friday afternoon theme. :)
Congratulations of a well deserved first place. I love it when God puts little messages in our head like that. Great job of setting the scene and delivering the message.
09/28/08
Never had heard of Harry Potter Puppet Pals. I wondered which one was doing the Snape, Snape part and I'm glad Brandon learned his lesson. A very nice way to teach him. Congratulations on such a well written piece and a well deserved win!!