The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 889 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Genuine tear-filled hope. Congratulations.
02/14/08
This is a beautiful, passionate piece.
Very moving. I enjoyed the repetition and the descriptions. Almost poetic.
02/15/08
This was very beautiful, especially as it describes the life of the MC and his grandfather splitting and then ultimately coming back together again. Although several of the word-pictures were stunning, beware of describing to the point of wordiness. As a fellow level two-er I often fall into this trap, and it can ultimately be distracting instead of making a point for the author. There are just too many good words, aren't there??! Pity we can't use all of them. "Rosemary reds..." I liked that line especially :)
Wonderful story of finding a place in God at last. What a loving grandfather this must have been.
02/16/08
Wow! Beautiful images and descriptions in this piece. Your talent shows. Keep writing.
02/18/08
A beautifully written lament. Great take on the Topic, including a soothing Title. One tiny error near the end...knees become "weak"...not week; but I thought it a lovely piece, nicely done, and almost poetically written. Keep writing!
02/22/08
Congratulations, Jennifer, on placing 9th in your level with this piece. Great work!