The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1644 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/01/07
This is absolutely beautiful! Your words stirred a tear and left a smile on my face. The characters are so heart-warming, and real. This is a great idea told wonderfully!
A wonderful story. I loved the compassion and detailed conversation. Great job.
02/03/07
I loved this! And it brought a tear or two to my eyes too. Keep writing!
02/03/07
The dialogue is incredible here, just brings these characters to life. Amazing work here, don't stop!
Wonderfully well written. The tears are still rolling down my face. You have a true gift, so keep on writing.
02/03/07
Wow--that passage from Isaiah is just perfect in this story. Very nicely done.
02/04/07
This is an absolutely wonderful story. I loved it and was cheering as he read the Bible to his family. Very well done.
02/06/07
Wonderfully well-written and heart-warming story! The dialogue was very "real," and the ending was so satisfying!! :) Thank you for sharing this delightful piece!
02/07/07
Very well done! You really drew me in with this story. The dialog was real and the ending wonderful!
02/07/07
I love seeing stories like this...great job telling it!
This was very moving! You drew me in from the beginning and I read all the way through. A wonderful 'story' with heart and meaning and an ending that fits right! Thanks for sharing!
02/07/07
A well told story. I loved this: "The world was my oyster and I went along with a big ole pearly smile on my face.”
Wow! I was really bowled over by this piece! I wonder why it didn't place. Maybe I don't know much, but if I'd have been a judge .. my highest points would have gone to this entry! I am so sure you have high points with God though! Keep writing like this and you will not be in Intermediate long. Thanks also, for commenting on my poem for Gone fishing. I thank you for taking the time to read!
This is a beautiful story. It is well written and tells a great truth.