The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1354 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/18/06
This was an excellent, imaginative story. I kept thinking about it after I read it, asking myself questions, like you do with good, thought provoking movies. It's short but delivers a punch. What a way for Satan and his minions to conduct research! There are some grammatical troubles, but none that couldn't be fixed in about five minutes. Also, the phrase, "Same diff" seems out of place in this piece. It sounds a bit juvenile and, thus, out of character here. You are a talented writer. This story shows you at your best: imaginative and innovative. Keep up the good work!
11/18/06
What a creative take on the topic! The whole idea intrigued me and kept me interested from beginning to end. There were a few places where this felt a bit stilted, but I loved the concept and, of course, the outcome!
11/19/06
Great idea to convey your message and the use of dreams allow you to enter the realm of the supernatural.
Your story had me interested from the beginning. At first I was curious as to what was really going on and anxious to find out. Then the 'Oh...it's a dream!' There is also a great message here. Good job. :^)
I really enjoyed this story. You kept me guessing all the way through!
11/23/06
Congratulations, Trina, on your well deserved recognition. Your story is awesome. It's right on topic and not the usual thing we think of when we consider the word "lifeguard." Excellent writing. See you in advanced! I'm so excited to see your name in lights. :-)
11/23/06
Okay, I just had to put my two cents' worth in here after your win. Congratulations on your well deserved win. Wow!
Very creative! Congratulations!