The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 626 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I really like this story. Entertaining and a good lesson, considering it's a true story. God does provide . . . all the time!

God Bless
This is a great story. You did a nice job of painting the picture for the reader. You've really done a great job of showing instead of telling, which allows the reader to fully immerse herself in the story. I also liked that the MC didn't win the lottery after tithing, but instead God provided just what she needed. Sometimes, I think people think if they tithe generously, God will give them even more money, but like you showed God provides for our needs, not our wants. This is a great lesson for everyone. I truly enjoyed it.
05/28/15
What a great story! Your writing is interesting and easy to read. Good showing skill.

I appreciate the lesson taught to your daughter about tithing.
We can never out give the Lord.

Thanks for sharing.
05/29/15
You painted an excellent picture of giving God the first fruits as an offering. God gives us what we need, but not always every thing we want.
05/29/15
The imagery of parts and pieces lying over the floor brought back memories of my dad trying to fix our television set. After many failed attempts and several return visits to the store, we would usually see the repair technician come to our house to fix it. It shows if we obey God, he will supply our needs. It was also a valuable lesson to your children.
06/04/15
Congratulations on your 4th place award in the Intermediate category.

I really enjoyed your story and thought it might place higher.