The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 913 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I loved the title and the story. It touched my heart and made me smile. To visualize Jesus's smiling face and to hear his heart felt laughter within my heart gave me joy. Thank you for sharing and God bless.
02/11/12
This was a lovely story - I enjoyed it so much. Nice image of Christ laughing. Wonderful job. God Bless~
How true!
02/12/12
I have a daughter, also a nurse, that is often like this nurse. When depressed, she digs a hole, gets in it and pulls the hole in behind her. So sad! Such a waste of time. I pray she will discover what this nurse has discovered.
Good job!
This is an interesting story. I enjoyed the image of Jesus laughing joyously.

Try working on doing more showing than telling. For example this sentence tells the reader: She was recovering from an upper respiratory infection, and the effects of seasonal depression.

Instead try painting a picture for the reader with something like this.

She wiped her stuffy nose and rubbed her burning eyes. Sighing she looked out the window. The dark, dreary day weighed her heart down as unbidden tears welled in her eyes.

I wrote it quickly so it's not the best example but it gives the reader a mental picture.

I really enjoyed the message behind this story. It is so easy to get caught up in the trivialities of the day that we forget to feast on His word.
02/14/12
Such a tender story. I really enjoyed it. One little thing: you shifted POV in the last paragraph. I'm not sure if it was intentional, but I think it would end stronger if you stayed with one POV. Just my opinion, though. Great writing.
02/15/12
This one was written from a heart of worship. It shines through from beginning to end. Good job!