The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 817 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/11/08
This was really good. I could picture everything.

There are a few comma problems, but they didn't distract from the story.

Your descriptions were great. Great job.
04/11/08
Memories of Memo, nice.
04/12/08
Great descriptions used here. I would have liked to learn more about Memo, but that's just how I am. Well done!
04/12/08
An intriguing, descriptive jaunt through an old house of vivid memories. Yes, memories flood back of earlier times and earlier years...and you wrote this very well, making it an enjoyable "glance" into another era without feeling like a snoop. Nice job.
I liked the way you approached this. It was a unique take on the topic to use the house as a way of letting us know more about the grandmother. Even though you didn't talk much about Memo, your descriptions of her home gave me insight into the type of person she was and what kind of life she lived.

Great job! I enjoyed this very much.
04/14/08
It's wonderful to write these memories down, not just for yourself, but for generations to come. Thanks for sharing.
04/15/08
I really liked your opening line and would've enjoyed hearing more about Memo, and not just her house. But I totally agree: houses carry soooooo many memories! Great descriptions.